Shwmae,
It was great to catch up with those who were able to attend school over the course of last week. We have worked hard to script a leavers assembly / play. During the course of this week it is important that we get the assembly filmed so that I can have time to edit the videos so that it can be put together for us all to watch at some point during the final week of term.
What to bring in this week. Can you bring in a prop / extra bit of clothing to help you look older for filming the play. I will try to bring in some for those who haven't been able to find anything but try and bring in something if you can.
Make sure you are ready to film your leavers speech when you come in on your day as well please.
Children who aren't coming in to school this week: I have emailed the children who aren't coming in to school to make sure that you are involved in the leavers assembly that we have planned, please can you respond to my email as soon as possible so that you can be involved.
I am looking forward to putting the leavers assembly together with you all next week the scripts you wrote were brilliant, fingers crossed we can get it done in the time we have got together before the final week!
Signing shirts: The children mentioned about getting their shirts signed as is traditionally done in Y6 on the last day. If they wish to bring in an old shirt / polo shirt that they would like signed by the rest of the class please send it in on their day this week in a carrier bag with their name on it.
Can they also bring in a Sharpie / Permanent marker that they can use to sign everybody else's shirt (so that we aren't passing pens around) as we have organised stationary so that nobody has to use the same as anybody else whilst in school. I have some that I can lend but if most can bring in their own and leave it in their shirt bag with me that will be handy.
You can take your signed shirt back home on your final day next week after all the other days have had a chance to sign it.
Hoodies - thanks everyone for getting the orders in - we should hopefully have the leavers hoodies in ready for the start of the final week to give out daily.
Can they also bring in a Sharpie / Permanent marker that they can use to sign everybody else's shirt (so that we aren't passing pens around) as we have organised stationary so that nobody has to use the same as anybody else whilst in school. I have some that I can lend but if most can bring in their own and leave it in their shirt bag with me that will be handy.
You can take your signed shirt back home on your final day next week after all the other days have had a chance to sign it.
Hoodies - thanks everyone for getting the orders in - we should hopefully have the leavers hoodies in ready for the start of the final week to give out daily.
Extra work at home:
Once children had been in to school I told the children to prioritise learning their leavers scripts and speeches after they came in last week, so I'm not expecting the children on Monday and Tuesday to have done any of the extra tasks for maths / time machine because of that. Whereas the children who cam in on Thursday and Friday had three / four days to do the other home learning tasks but - will need to spend the beginning of this week learning their scripts and speeches.
Therefore to balance it out and make it fair for the way the week has been spaced out I won't add any additional tasks on top of the ones set last week, just aim to complete the home learning tasks around speeches and scripts.
Reports: I am going to aim hand out the end of school reports for the children this week so they should be handed out daily depending on what day your child is in school.
If they are not coming in to school we will let you know how you will be receiving the report.
See you all again this week - "The Restarters" "The NHS Ganggang" "Nando's Vs KFC" and "I'm on a hill" :)
Mr Ball