Search This Blog

Sunday, 4 March 2018

Wythnos 2: 5/03/2018

Shwmae everyone,

Well they were proper snow days weren't they, wow! Thanks to those who have added some pics to the group PPT. Great action shot Gethin, I'm glad you and the boys had fun. Lovely pics too from Izzy and Saffy, thank you girls, looks like you had lots of fun too and got some reading in too ;)

Baby Seve enjoyed his first look at snow too, I've added a few pics of him and me to the PPT too. If you managed to take some photos of yourself playing the snow or reading please add them to the PPT so we can share them together. I will give a reminder tomorrow and show you how to add pictures if you aren't sure. Here is the link to the PPT again:

https://hwbwave15-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/ballj23_hwbcymru_net/ESCXZ9Zxp9BDhPLc52K4ejUBYtz866-Tc3lJMn-B_22M8g?e=FhpvBF

Class trip on Tuesday 13th March:

The Year 5 pupils are already aware of this trip as I gave them the information on a separate letter as they are having a separate trip with Year 6 this week, visiting the Welsh Assembly next week.

For Year 4 pupils I'm really pleased to say that (thanks to Poppy's mum) we been able to secure an educational visit to Aberthawe power station to learn about sustainability and our carbon footprint. This trip is being sponsored by Edwards coaches so there will be no charge for the pupils. 

As the trip is free of charge, I am not going to send out a paper copy but all children need to have a packed lunch on the day of the visit and will wear school uniform. A polite reminder that if you have new phone numbers please update the office as I will be taking a list of your phone numbers on the trip in case of an emergency.

I may require the support of an extra parent or grandparent for support on the day of the trip. If you are available, please let me know.

What is going on this week:

Monday: Spell check, World book day celebration, we will be carrying out some activities as a whole school. Please can you bring in one or two of your favourite stories so we can use them towards our work on looking at story openings?

Tues: Digital Champions activity being led by pupils from Bryn Celynnog

Wed: Eisteddfod competition, please wear your St Davids day costumes. New homework task (liteacy based) to be set. 
Year 5 Cardiff City session (am) please bring outdoor kit. Swimming for Year 4.

Thurs: Year 5 trip to Cardiff Bay.

Fri: Big Maths CLIC session. Indoor PE kit required today

Diolch everyone,

Mr B