I was unable to get paper copies of the summer play completed last week so I shared a digital copy of the script with the children via email for those who wanted to start learning their lines. I know a few of the children were resourceful enough to find a copy of the script on line but I have personalised the original script / changed some characters and some of the lines from the original so we need to use the one I have shared. You will have paper copies to use this week as we begin rehearsing in the afternoons.
I have also dropped it into the Doc box in HWB+ - click HWB+ then classes - class 9 - docs - Porridge script edited
The dates for the production are to be confirmed but will take place during the penultimate week of term 10th - 14th July (I will give notice when we are expecting to release tickets for the show).
Costumes and props - I will discuss costumes with the children this week
Other Key dates: As you know we have decided not to travel to London for our leavers trip this year. We will still plan to have a special leavers trip on Monday 17th July. After having a discussion with the children I have sent some emails enquiring about pricing and availability for some options closer to home and will make a decision by the end of the week.
Y Pant CATS tests (I am speaking to the head of Year 7 this week to get a confirmed date for when these will take place)
Leavers Ball: The date is confirmed for Thursday 13th July 7pm- 9pm at Llantrisant golf club. Tickets will be £5 per child to cover food, DJ, venue hire, decorations. There was some parental involvement last year to help with the organisation alongside the PTA so it would probably be a good idea if we have a short meeting one day afterschool to discuss the ball and how people could help with organisation - I will send out notification of when this will be.
Leavers assembly - will be taking place in the last week of term - date to be confirmed this week (likely the Thursday or Friday) There will be the option to purchase a leavers hoodie I believe this will be a cost of £10 with the printing on the back.
Reminders for the week
Sports day - Friday 16th June from 1pm - 3.30pm. The weather forecast is good for the end of this week so fingers crossed we can proceed as planned. I will send further notification of the format of the afternoon on the main blog but it will be a similar format to before with team field events in their houses followed by some traditional track and long distance racing.
Wed: PE kit
Fri: Sports Day (PE kit needed children to wear house colours)
Diolch Mr B