Search This Blog

Sunday, 4 June 2017

Final half term at Penygawsi

Welcome back everyone,

We have now come to the final half term for the children at Penygawsi. There are several key dates for your diary with regards and I will provide these by the end of the week once I have confirmation of all activities, including the end of year trip, Year 6 leavers ball/prom, leavers assembly and any other transition dates events linked to Y Pant and Bryn Cylennog to make sure they match up with what you’ve been given thus far.

Year 6 Enterprise
Firstly, I would like to say a big well done to the children for the work they put into the enterprise project. There were lots of team building and problem-solving skills on show as the children had to manage a range of different scenarios in their teams.

A big thank you to all of the support from parents, friends and family particularly giving up your time to help with the buying / producing the products and also any financial support / sponsorship that was given to the children.

The children have decided that the majority of the profits made in the event they would like to donate to charities, which is a lovely gesture. We will calculate the total profits made next week.
There may be an opportunity for one of the teams to represent the school at a regional finals event at the end of next week and I will be talking to the children about their business plans and what part of their enterprise they felt was successful.
This week

After a busy time working collaboratively on the enterprise project, we will be returning to some normality in terms of the weekly timetable as there are still a few areas of the curriculum we need to cover.

We will be having some extra PE slots this half term to make up for the sessions missed last half term and sports day is planned for Friday 16th June.
Wednesday – Outdoor PE kit required
Friday – Outdoor PE kit required

Junior Quiz – Taking place this Thursday in the hall from 6pm – 7pm – Year 6 are tasked with being team captains

Preparing for next year - We will also be carrying out some weekly PSE session linked to transition and big changes in life to discuss and help the children prepare for next year. I do not wish to overload the children with work but I may set a few pieces of extra homework on irregular days just to help the children get a feel for managing work load from the range different teachers they will be getting next year.

End of year performance – we will be planning an end of year performance but I will confirm what this will be by the end of this week.

Many thanks for your continued support and I hope the children have an enjoyable final term at Penygawsi,

Mr Ball