Hi all,
I hope you have had a good weekend and managed to enjoy some of the good weather!
I would like to pay a big thank you to every member of Year 6 who played an integral part in making the infant sports day a success. They worked really hard to run their activity stations and interacted really well with the infant children. I received lots of positive comments from both parents and other members of staff about the way the children were working to help and encourage the children from nursery up to Year 2.
Many of them also gave up part of their lunch hour to support the sports council and me with setting the KS2 sports day activities ready to go.
What's on this week:
Porridge summer play rehearsals - we will be working together every day to begin constructing the scenes ready for our production. When children are not rehearsing in a scene they will be completing a range of literacy and maths based work.
At the moment we have yet to officially confirm the two evening performance days but I will let Year 6 parents know as soon as we do so you can secure tickets.
PE days - we will have two PE days this week: Wednesday and Friday afternoon so please bring in outdoor sports kit for both.
Year 6 Leavers Trip
We have made a decision to go paintballing at the Taskforce centre near Cowbridge. As the excursion comes in at over £20 per child (not including the coach) the children have decided to use part of the Enterprise project profits to go towards the trip to try and get the price nearer £10. They would like to donate the remainder of their profits to charity. I will send out a letter confirming the date and price of the trip this week.
Many thanks,
Mr Ball