Search This Blog

Sunday, 11 December 2016

The final week of term

Good Evening,

We have finally arrived at the final week of term before we break up for Christmas. We hope you enjoyed the junior concert performances and thank you to the children for giving up their evenings and helping to lead the concerts. I didn't set homework last week due to the commitment the children had given to the school concerts. However, I would like them to source any information that they have about family history from WW2- see details below.

Whats on this week?

Pinocchio pantomime: This will be taking place tomorrow at The Gate Arts Centre in Cardiff. Children must wear their school uniform and everyone needs a packed lunch tomorrow. Children may bring a packet of sweets in their packed lunch to have during the show.

Goodnight Mister Tom: We will finish our class reader 'Goodnight Mr Tom' and I plan to let the children watch the ITV production of the book to get them to compare their thoughts on both. We will also do some research about evacuees that came to Wales.

WW2 family stories and artefacts: Thursday 15th December. Many of the children have made me aware that they have family history linked to WW2. As we come to the end of our topic on WW2 I would like to invite the children to bring in any artefacts / family memorabilia that they have linked to WW2. If they have an interesting story I would be grateful if they could share this with the class.

Xmas activities. We have a bit more craft to complete and will also be completing some Christmas problem solving activities.

Christmas jumper day: Friday 16th December. We will be wearing jumpers in support of Save The Children. Please could children bring in a forfeit of £1 which we will be donating to the charity on  your behalf?

If I don't see you next week, thank you for your continued support this term and my very best wishes to you and your families for the Christmas holidays and I look forward to seeing you in the new year.

Mr Ball