This week’s homework task is to create an infographic about what we have learned about the war up until now. We have discussed what an infographic is in class and the children will be designing their own. I would only like the children to include facts about information we have looked at so far, why the war started, countries / empires involved, key dates - early stages of the war - numbers of soldiers fighting.
Feel free to carry out your own research linked to what we have talked about but I have shared some resources for you to use on HWB (things we have used in class), I've also put in some infographics for you to look at.
Leave out things we haven't covered yet please, e.g. facts about trench warefare, technology and casulties etc until we have looked at them in class.
You have two options for presentation of your infographic.
1. A3 infographic – by hand. I recommend that you plan the infographic on A4 before creating the final version on A3. The A3 size allows them draw big sub titles, add in some images and also write detail for sections that they feel need more writing.
2. A4 – on computer. You can use an application on your computer that yoou are familiar with to create your infographic. If you don’t have anything suitable you can use J2E - J25 - what we looked at in class. It's really easy to use and great for putting things together like this. If you do decide to use a computer / tablet I would like to see a variation of text sizes and colour. You may also add in images around the writing. You do not have to print it if you haven’t got printing access, just make sure you share it with me to print in school.
This is a numeracy and literacy based task and I would like each section of the infographic to have a numerical reference.
I am going to give you until next Friday 30th September too complete the task.
If you have any questions about the task – send me an email through your HWB account.
Please see the blog below for information about school council elections next week.
Diolch,
Mr B