Search This Blog

Sunday, 20 March 2016

Last week of term: 21/03/2016

We have now reached our final week of term. After sharing a wonderful experience last week with the children who took part in the skiing trip I'm looking forward to catching up with the children who worked on the Time Machine project. Thank you to those children who kept me up to date with emails about the progress of their project.

Skiing photos - I know lots of you were keeping track of the Twitter feed and Mrs Rees had posted a selection of photographs and videos on the Sports Blog. There are still a range of photos and videos that we will put into a shared folder on One Drive so that the children can download any they wish.

Stem week - we will be taking part in a number of activities that will involve lots of measuring of items on our school grounds. We also have a special Crime Investigation day that will be led by a former police detective.

Overview of the week:

Monday: Down's Syndrome awareness (please wear odd socks to show our support, no money required)
Outdoor PE kit required

Tuesday: Crime investigation workshop.
Parents evening

Wednesday: Parents evening

Thursday: Break up for Easter

Homework and spellings: I will not set home spellings this week but we may have a random check at some stage during the week.

I wouldn't normally set homework for Easter but I will have a chat with the children about completing a few activities to help prepare for the summer assessments.

Parents evening - I'm looking forward to meeting you all again to discuss your child's progress as they prepare for their transition to Year 7.