Search This Blog

Thursday, 24 March 2016

Easter homework

Good afternoon all,

Thank you for joining me at parents evening last week, it was good to catch up as we make preparations for the children's final term at Penygawsi.

As discussed I have set some homework for the children to complete during the Easter homework:

Literacy: I have copied two comprehension exercises, please complete the Simon Weston activity first as the Music made Peace one is a little more challenging. I have included the answers in a separate envelope for parents to go over with children.

Mathematics: I have given some childen copies of their CLIC tests and Learn Its (to be timed in 60 seconds) to practice their arithmatic skills. If you are able to create some similar style questions as those on the tests for the children to solve.

I have made a folder on the children's OneDrive entitled Easter activities. Their is a sample of the types of questions that they will encounter in the procedural paper (the answers are included in the PDF) this is just a taster if you have time to go through them. We will go over we will be looking at past papers after Easter.

Maths games: I would like the children to have a go at some of the interactive games on TopMarks website: They may play on other games on the site but if they can look at these ones first. This is a great site as it pools together some of the best free maths games you can find online, good fun and good revision:

Measures: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/measures
Games to Play –
On Time (advanced level)
stop the clock 3, then stop the clock 4 and 5 when you get confident and faster!
Understanding Measures, then
Measures (weighing and measuring parcels using metric units)


Problem solving: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/problem-solving
Work your way through the Power Lines activities (at the bottom)
You need to complete Phase one to get a secret password to move on to phase 2. Can anybody get on to phase 3?



If you enjoy the games on the website then practice your learn its using the tables games. There are lots of fun games to help practice your tables: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/times-tables

Let me know which ones you liked

I hope you all have an enjoyable Easter with friends and family and I look forward to seeing you all on 12th April.

Best wishes,
Mr Ball