Search This Blog

Monday, 9 November 2015

Changes to the week

Evening all,

For those who have looked at yesterday's blog I have had to make some changes to the format of the week.

- The Remberance assembly will be taking place on Wednesday the 11th, therefore Mrs Harries and I have cancelled swimming for this week. We are assisting Year 2 with leading the assembly and some children have a line to learn (if they can off by heart that will be great). The rest of the children are presenting poppies to a memorial that Y2 have made and could those children read through the poem Flanders Fields (added below) as they will be helping Y2 to recite it.

- As they have those to look through I will give new maths homework tomorrow (could all topic books come back in so we can review last week's task) I will then hand them back out for the maths homework.

- No PE kit will be needed on Thursday as the children will be taking park in the ECO week activities all afternoon, however we will be doing our sponsored ramble on Friday around the school grounds, if all sponsorship money could be sent in by Friday please.

- I have 5 child tickets left for the football at £5 each and will be sold on a first come first served basis.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Diolch,
Mr B