Search This Blog

Sunday, 13 September 2015

Wythnos 3: 14/09/2015

Just to let you know the plan of action for this week.

Another reminder - if anybody is available to join us for the trip can you send a message in to let me know and if I will send a message home to let you know. Speaking to Mrs Harries I believe it is just two helpers that are required on this occasion.

I sent home the termly plan on paper on Friday so I hope they all managed to get home. I will post a digital copy on the blog next week as well. It is saved on the school server so I can't post it today.

Literacy
We are continuing to look at our new text based on the legend of Robin Hood. We will also have a spelling test on Friday but I won't post words to learn at home this week, it will be random for me to check the spelling.

Maths
We will be focussing on learning our times tables and look at the importance of using inverse operations to check answers. In particular we will look at stratgies for addition and subtraction and make sure we are confident using the column method.

Topic
We will be doing a writing activity linked to our visit to Big Pit.

Monday
School Council elections
Maths homework to be posted on the Blog

Tuesday
Class trip to Big Pit (children to dress in period costumes in-line with our topic) see me if you are unsure of this.

Wednesday
Swimming kit required and Mrs Boat will be accompanying the children with Mrs Harries this week.

Thursday 
No PE kit needed this week

Friday
Spelling test
Big Maths Beat that CLIC challenge.