Search This Blog

Saturday, 12 September 2015

Parent volunteers for Big Pit

Hi all,

We've had a great first week settling into our new Year 6 classroom. We have begun our new literacy and language topic, been introduced Big Maths, discussed our new science topic and been given a character taken from a 1901 census from Trehafod.

If any parents are able to help with the trip can you please send a note in for me on Monday to let me know you are available and if I need your help I will send a message home.

I will update the blog tomorrow with an overview for the week but if you could find a costume to wear for Tuesday as we will want to take some photos towards our Coal House theme and get the children to feel like their character from 1901. If boys can source a waistcoat and a flat cap (something similar to what they wore for the chimney sweeps would do the trick). Girls can wear long skirts, pinnies, mop caps etc (Welsh lady style or anything that suits as being old fashioned).

Below are some snaps from our first week, and I will update the blog tomorrow with an overview of next week.  


Finding out who we are in the 1901 census and that some of us live in the same street and even the same house!






Taking part in some trust and team building activities during PE.









Enjoying a specialist workshop about Food safety.