Homework
I have signed us up for a trial on a maths based website called IXL - Awards. I believe it could support our work we are doing with Big Maths and further increase our competence with numeracy. I hope that the children will find it both challenging and enjoyable to practice their skills. I will give the children their user -names and passwords tomorrow and what activities I would like them to carry out by next Monday. We will aim to continue to keep using it over the coming weeks and I will take feedback from the children as to whether we are finding it a useful tool to support our learning.
I will go over the website with the children tomorrow and give them all their individual user names and passwords and what activities I would like them to complete this week. There are some calculations that may require workings so I would like the children to take their learning logs and use them as jotters to complete any workings that they need to do in order to complete a sum.
Spellings:
These are the words to complete for Friday 2nd October 2015:
went
were
where
imported
exported
proceeded
suspected
happened
interested
occasionally
necessary
definitely
bonus words
retina
cornea
contact lenses