
Hanner Tymor Hapus Blwyddyn 6!
Well we made it to the end of the half term Year 6! Thank you for all the hard work and dedication you have put in this term. I know I work you very hard and can seem a little harsh at times but is only because I care about each and every one of you and have your best interests at heart. All I want is for you ALL to achieve the very best. You all have such amazing talents as individuals and as a class we are an excellent team. I want you to think hard over the holidays about how important this year is and come back in with a focused attitude ready to learn. Remember this is a critical year for you but also a very exciting one!
Over half term I would like you to:
- Practise your times tables. Remember to do them forward, backward, out of sync, evens only and then odds only. By the time you have done this you should know them like the back of your hands! Some fab websites you may like to use are:
www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/maths/timestable/interactive.htm
www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/times-tables
www.maths-games.org/times-tables-games.html
- Learn your spellings. We have been looking at the 'sh' sound using the letters 'si' and 'ssi' Can you put them into sentences and wow your parents with your understanding of these new words?
- Literacy and Language Metaphor Homework. Please complete page 9 of your homework books. As a challenge can you create metaphor sentences describing your aliens (from the animation project) as something very different. Remember you could use a type of weather, vehicle, food, animal, etc.
- READ, READ, READ, READ! It is very important that you continue to read as often as possible and a wide range of different genre of texts. These could include newspapers, magazines, Internet research, a new author. I challenge you all to pick up a book from an author you have never heard of and give it a go! I look forward to hearing about these books when we return to school next week.
Most importantly, Year 6, enjoy some family time and relax with your family and friends. Look after yourselves and stay safe when out and about. Additionally, please stay safe and think SMART when using the wonderful world wide web.

Take Care My Lovelies
Mrs Rees :o)