Search This Blog

Sunday, 19 October 2014

VIP Classroom


As you are all aware at Penygawsi Primary School we encourage the pupils to become Independent Learners.  We teach and  develop the skills needed for the pupils to successfully complete a task independently.  When you reach Year 6 these skills become second nature and the pupils are using them without even realising.

Have a look at the skills below to remind you of what they are...

C3B4ME


SNOT - Self Neighbour Other Teacher

The 6 B's
  1. Be Brave - Have a Go!
  2. Be Still - Stop and Think!
  3. Backtrack - Let's Go Back!
  4. Buddy - Ask a Friend!
  5. Bits and Bobs - Use Resources!
  6. The Boss! - Ask a Teacher!

You all have these skills and use them well.  However, Year 6, please remember if you are unsure and have tried the independent route I am ALWAYS there to offer a helping hand, suggestion, strategy and words of support.  Please do not forget I am there!  Tell me you need a little help and I will be there straight away.  Remember my saying...


All I ask is that you have a go and if then you are still a little unsure ask me.  Do not sit and worry about the work or feel like you cannot do it.  My job is to help in any way I can.  


My door is always open Blwyddyn 6, to you and your parents
Mrs Rees ;o)