Search This Blog

Monday, 17 February 2014

Big Foot Theatre Spectacular

The children were extremely lucky to have Big Foot Theatre join them for the day.  We started the day with a KS2 assembly where the story of Culhwch ac Olwen from the Mabinogion was brought to life in front of our very eyes.

As the story unfolded the pupils became more engrossed and so did us teachers!  There were many pupil volunteers who took on roles and acted out scenes alongside our incredible story teller.  No one can deny we were all hooked!

Throughout the afternoon the pupils then had the opportunity to take part in class workshops where the delved deeper into the story and its characters.  This inspiration for writing will help them to rewrite the story in their own words as part of our Eisteddfod writing competition.

I was very impressed with the acting skills of many of year 6 and I do believe we have a few thespians in our midst.  I hope you will put the same energy and enthusiasm into your writing tomorrow.