Bore da pawb,
We have arrived at the final half term at Penygawsi for the year and your final term before you begin your new schools.
This is obviously a very strange feeling for us as we haven't actually been on our school site since March. I am hopeful that we may be able to meet in person in some capacity before the summer holidays but I know as much as you in terms of whether that will be possible we just need to keep checking.
I managed to talk to the majority of parents last week but will phone around again for the ones I didn't get to speak to. We will make every effort to do something to make sure your final term feels special and rest assured if you aren't able to hold a leavers prom this summer parents have already agreed to plan one for you at a later date.
Thank you for the effort that you put it before half term, as I said we will have to have an element of literacy and maths set each week to keep your skills refreshed but we will try and do as many fun and creative things as possible to compensate for the things we aren't able to do.
We will try and work our way through the remainder of the ideas you suggested in the topic plan.
I am also setting a new project that will involve using your imagination which I hope you will enjoy - see the new folder Summer Term 2 for details on the first part of the project!
This term I will also be setting a weekly well-being task which I will do via video to explain the task. Here is the first task:
Wellbeing Task message from Mr Ball
As last term I will make myself available at points during the day on our TEAMs group chat always first thing in the morning and after lunch - I often have meetings during mid-morning but will catch up on messages if I miss them.
The way the children have been using the TEAMs chat has been fantastic. All work related, lots of encouragement and praise from peers, good questions being asked. If you haven't been engaging with the TEAMs chat please try to do so as it is a good way of keeping in touch with your peers (from a work perspective and you will get some help if you need it).
Quiz - I think we have a group keen to do the quiz this week I just need to confirm with the whole group but if we do we will do it at 11am again on Friday - will let you know when I have confirmed with that group.
Diolch,
Mr Ball