Hi everyone,
I have set up our new film club on Intofilm.
We would have been running this club in school this term but obviously not going to be able to do that.
We would have watched a few films in class and reviewed them together but we will need to do this at home.
The Intofilm website is great for finding out about different films as you will be able to look at the opinions of children your age to read about whether you may be interested in watching the film or not (if you haven't seen it yet).
There are over 400 reviews of the film I have asked you to watch 'Swallows and Amazons' so it might be interesting to read these before you write your own opinions. To read reviews on other films you are interested in search in the films and click read reviews after selecting the film.
There is a weekly prize for review of the week so if you want to upload your review or a review of another film please do and you could be in with the chance of winning a prize.
I have emailed you all your personal log on and passwords, when you first log on you will need to enter our personal club code along with your username and password which is below.
The club code: CC963A5D
Class quiz - I will be uploading the first class quiz tomorrow. Following safeguarding guidelines we have been advised to avoid all live video streaming. Therefore I am going to prerecord the questions. I am going to make it like a treasure hunt style quiz! I am going to record twenty questions.
You might be lucky and know the answers to some of the questions straight away but you will probably need to research to find out the answers. I am going to make sure that all of the answers can be found in the Encyclopedia Britannica App on HWB.
I am going to post the questions in TEAMS at 1.30pm - and I will give you until 2.30pm to submit your answers. So I can record who submits their answers the quickest I would like you to email me your answers and I will award extra J2E stars for the quickest answers submitted and some more bonus J2Stars for the top 10 answers submitted. But anyone who answers and emails their within the time limit will get a J2Star award.
If your parents want to join in with the quiz or hunt for the answers as a family that is fine!
Good luck!
From next week I would like to try a double quiz on a Tuesday and a Friday but the Tuesday quiz to be led by you guys. I pulled a group out of the hat it was group 2 Tom, Harry and Regi and I have emailed them to see if they are happy to lead the quiz and they have agreed :)
I will draw the next team out of the hat next week.
TOPIC ideas - last two days to submit your topic ideas as I am going to try and collate them so we can start using the ideas from next week.
Maths - if anyone would like me to go over any of the questions from last weeks test questions please post on TEAMs today please (I've had a couple of requests so far)
J2E sharing - Some children have had difficulty reading the comments that have been made by their learning group on their shared document. If you have a document that your peers have commented on can you let me know if you can see the comments or not - I am trying to work out whether it was a one off problem or not.
Diolch everyone,
Mr B