Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 April 2020

Easter holidays 2020

Shwmae,

We will now be breaking up for the Easter holidays. I realise that it isn't going to be anything like the normal Easter holidays we usually look forward to, however, after a very busy term (including our inspection) we will all need a well earned break. So, there will be no compulsory additional work over the Easter break though you will be able to access your HWB accounts and resources, such as J2E. I know it will be difficult to keep yourselves occupied with the limited physical activity we are allowed outside but I have added some optional work that you may wish to complete to help manage your time and ensure you aren't spending too long at the computer / tv screens.

There will not be regular contact from myself that you have experienced during the past two weeks but will this will resume week beginning 20th April. School staff will also be supporting emergency childcare in our hub through the Easter period. 

However, I would like the work set over the past two weeks to be completed so that we are all at the same point by April 20th.

Thank you for those who have submitted their balanced arguments but please remember to share with your debate groups so that they can peer assess it (using the learning conversation tab) instructions given on previous blog and on Teams chat).

I have added the answers to the Time question booklets A,B and C to the maths folder on Teams - the same folder that the question sheets were in.

If you want to continue to use the Oxford reading tree,  during the holidays and practice your spelling and tables using J2Blast please do.

I have also added Big Maths Beat That Learn It's - so you can print / copy out your Learn It's to help speed you up. I have added the Beat that count down timer as well if you want to use it like we do in class.

I have added the CLIC challenge questions and answers so you are welcome to practice those also. Those on CLIC 19+ I do not have digital copies of these at home as I hand wrote all the questions in school but just practice your long division skills and multiplying decimals and large numbers. You can also have a look at the CLIC 20 problems. 

STEM - Complete your boat and test it during the next two weeks. I have noticed that some people have decided to have a try of some of the challenges on the James Dyson Foundation challenge 
cards.

Engineering challenges. I am setting some optional engineering challenges for Easter if you want to do something else to occupy your time.

Marble Run - engineering challenge 2 
Have a look at this video below. Do you think you and your family could build an even bigger marble run? You may use other materials as well as cardboard (whatever you have available).


Build a cardboard chair - engineering challenge  8
Watch the clip below. Do you think you could make a cardboard chair that actually works?

Try to make the most of the time you have over the next two weeks and most importantly support your families, be kind and try limit the time you are on screens.

Stay safe and I will catch up with you all soon,

Mr Ball