Shwmae all,
I hope you have all had a good long weekend with the bank holiday. A big well done for all trying your best on the new online maths test questions on Friday. I wasn't there but spoke to Mrs Hawkes who commended everyone's behaviour and effort to try their best on the questions, so well done. We have one more test this week - see below:
A few updates about this week:
We have a few finishing touches to complete on our STEM project then we will be ready to put on display in the hall. If you have any spare Euro - Cents 10, 20 or 50s left over from holidays we would still be grateful for those to finish off the school badge.
Spellings - I will do another spelling assessment this week
Reading bags - most children should have taken home their reading bag with a new book inside, there were a few that didn't come in last week, please remember them this week. For the next few weeks children will be swapping there books on the same day of the week as they were before half term - this will continue until I give further notification.
Homework - there is no need to return the learning logs this week - keep them to help practice problem solving skills for the reasoning test.
Tues: We have our second session of samba drumming.
Wed: Homework will be to practice problem solving to help build confidence in tackling he reasoning paper.
Thurs: Reading test - we will be sitting our reading test in the morning. I will practice some comprehension test question skills on Tuesday and Wednesday to help the children prepare for the test.
Fri: CLIC test and Learn Its.
Reasoning test - our final test will take place on Monday 13th May and we will be doing some practice on problem solving style questions this week.
Diolch,
Mr Ball