
Shwmae all!
Welcome to our new Blog page for the year. The children's new class name is Eryri.
As with Mrs Black last year the blog is the main form of communication for parents and will be updated on a weekly basis with news related to the upcoming week. Occasionally I will post additional blogs relating to homework or additional information but I will let you know via text message if extra information has been added.
A newsletter will be posted on the blog this weekend containing information about the term ahead and what we will be learning. I have finalised the PE timetable for the school and the children's PE day will be every Tuesday and will alternate on a Monday. PE kit should also be brought into school and stored in the cloakroom until half term. They will need trainers as part of PE will take place outdoors during this half term. All items of clothing should be labelled to avoid them getting lost or mixed up. They will be returned at half term to be washed.
Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school each day as it is important that they can keep hydrated in between their learning. They have access to the water fountains to refill their bottles if they need to.
Children can bring pencil cases to school if they wish. All the equipment they need will be provided for them but there may be occasions during art/drawing activities or wet play that they want to access their own materials. I am able to allocate them a shared draw in class that they can leave their pencil cases in safely but please can you make sure these are not too big as space is limited.
Book bags - we will be starting a new reading cycle next week so I have asked the children if they could bring in their book bag in readiness to begin the new cycle. I will let them know what their day to change their bag is.
I will provide more details regarding homework and spellings etc on the newsletter for you.
I hope the children are looking forward to the challenges ahead this year. It is an exciting transition for them to begin life as a 'junior' KS2 pupil and I am sure we will have lots of fun alongside some hard work during the year.
I look forward to meeting you all at our open evening later in the half term to discuss how the children have settled into the class. In the meantime if you have concerns or questions, please let me know.
Diolch
Mr Ball