Search This Blog

Sunday, 28 January 2018

Wythnos 4: 28/01/2018

Shwmae all,

Did anybody watch the Cardiff City vs Man City match today? You may have seen a familiar face as a mascot on BBC1 - have a look at our school twitter feed to see some photographs:

https://twitter.com/PenygawsiPri?lang=en

Class quizzes - some people have uploaded their quizzes already, some brilliant work I have completed some myself and will try and complete everyone that has uploaded there's.
Have a look at the quiz feed on the 'discussion' part of our page to try some quizzes or have a look at what people have done to get ideas about the type of questions you can ask if you haven't started yours yet.
If I have done your quiz I have written a comment on the discussion page for you and you can check the response tab of the quiz app to see how I did!

As I mentioned in the notes the application is very sensitive about typing the exact answer, exactly the way it has been typed by the person who set the quiz. Therefore some of you might get marked incorrect if you haven't typed the answer exactly as it was inputted by the quiz master. If we could just let people know that they did get the question correct and let them have the points.

I will send a message to the HWB tech support team to let them know about this problem to see if there is a way they can make the application recognise a keyword that would be enough to get the question correct.

Some key information for the week:

Mon and Tues: I will be out of class on Monday and Tuesday. I will be working with several teachers across the RCT cluster on a training course all about Minecraft Education.
This looks like an exciting opportunity to incorporate the world famous game in an educational. It has been working successfully in some schools we are associated with and will hopefully be another area for us to develop our work towards the DCF over the coming years.
Miss Matthews will be teaching the class for these two days and the children have worked with her before.

You will be starting to do some work towards out topic looking in-particular at the recycling process and this will lead to you completing a piece of persuasive writing.

Wed: Class Trip to Techniquest (no swimming for Y4) Cardiff City afterschool club is due to resume but I will notify if there is any change. Packed lunch is required for all pupils
I may need the support of one of our parents/grandparents to join us for the trip. If you are willing to help can you please send in a note and I will get back to you ASAP once I have confirmed the adult helpers with the other classes.
Aim to get your quizzes complete by today but if you have had trouble let me know and I will support you with it.
New maths based homework task to be set.

Fri: PE kit is required. CLIC maths tests today.

Eisteddfod - Last week we elected our new house captains and the children listened to the poetry and song competitions that they have the opportunity to choose for their houses. They will be making decisions about what they would like to do this week so they can begin learning the items at home.

I will be keeping in contact with Mrs Harries during the next two days but I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday for our trip.

Diolch,

Mr Ball