Good afternoon all,
Firstly I would like to offer a big thank you to the vast majority of the class who were able to stay and support the PTA with running stalls / activities. Even those who weren't able to stay were involved in helping to set things up during Friday afternoon. The children again demonstrated their strength working with younger children and interacting with people and have helped the PTA to raise vital funds for the school.
I hope you have enjoyed some of today's weather. Some updates for next week.
Monday: Oaker-wood trip - remember that you need to meet at Y-Pant at 7.15am ready for a 7.30am departure. You need to wear comfortable clothing and trainers as it is an active day. As you are aware Y-Pant will be leading the trip and are taking members of staff but Miss Day will be the accompanying member of staff from our school too. I am unable to attend as we are having a "move up day" so I will be working with my new class tomorrow.
I have been given the following link from Miss L Bunce from Y Pant:
http://www.ecole-tours.co.uk/vehicle-tracking
It is a link which will allow you to track the coach on the return journey for you to have a clearer picture of the expected return time.
The children not attending the trip will be working towards the set design for the summer show.
Tuesday: Porridge production - we do have spare tickets and I believe the majority of you have ordered some already but if anyone would like some extra tickets please send in money (£2 each) and the date you would like Fri 7th pm or Mon 10th and Tues 11th in the evening. I would like to ensure that you have priority for extra tickets as Year 6 are the lead cast but I will have to advertise the availability to the rest of the juniors on Wednesday as well (first come first served).
We are going to try and have a run through with full props and sound effects, if you have your costume ready please bring it to school with you.
*Remember we are going to stay behind after school until 4.30pm to have an extra rehearsal session - this will give us the opportunity to go over the things we need to from the day. The children are doing a brilliant job so far, all know their lines we are now just adding finishing touches to be ready for live performances, which I'm sure you will enjoy.
Wednesday - Y Pant transition day - The Y Pant children will be having a full day at Y Pant and are to wear school uniform. The Bryn Cylennog children will remain in school and will be working on the set design for the show.
Thursday: National Numerical Reasoning 'Pre-tests' we have bee asked to carry out some pre-tests in preparation for next years testing. We have an external invigilator who will come in to deliver the tests to the children during the morning.
Porridge Production: Full dress rehearsal - all costumes need to be in school today, we will be performing to the infants after lunch.
Friday: First official performance (matinee) to begin at 1.30pm. Those children who have grandparents / family members in the audience will be able to collect the children at the end of the performance (which is scheduled to finish before 3.30pm) and also collect siblings in the lower year groups.
Thanks again for your support,
Mr Ball