Shwmae all,
I hope you have all had a good weekend, what a fabulous result for the Welsh football team - wow!
It is the week of our show and the children have worked really hard putting the show together, thank you for parents who have helped to source costumes and lent us items to use as props. The set is looking fantastic and the children are really bringing it all together. We can't wait to share it with you!
We will be holding a full dress rehearsal tomorrow afternoon for the infant children before our first performance on Tuesday evening.
I am sure the children have told you but it is vital that the whole class attend both of the evening performances and not just the show that you have booked to watch, as they all have an important role to play.
Tuesday 5th and Thursday 7th July
As the shows are due to begin at 6pm I will need the children to arrive between 5.30pm and 5.45pm. If your child usually attends after school club they are welcome to stay straight through if this is more convenient for you, as I will be in school to supervise them and they can also help to set the chairs up before the performance. We will just need to inform Mrs Hawkes that they will be staying with after club.
For the evenings that you are not attending, I think the show is due to run around an hour so aim to pick the children up around 7pm. However, I will time the dress rehearsal tomorrow and see if it is slightly longer or shorter.
I will talk to the class tomorrow about what we will do with the costumes.
PE kit - can children bring in PE kit on Friday this week please.
Leavers party.
The children should have taken home an invitation about the leavers disco on July 14th. Mrs Rose has offered to take photos of the children on arrival - I am going to hold a short meeting in my class straight after school on Tuesday 5th \July to discuss the format of the party. There will be members of the PTA present and if you are able to attend to discuss ideas then please join us.
Hoodies - All children should have taken a letter home about purchasing a 'Leavers hoody.' If you know that you would like one can you let school know tomorrow as we have to order them this week.
Another reminder that sports day has been postponed until July 11th.
I look forward to seeing you at one of the performances,
Mr Ball