I hope you've had an enjoyable week and that people have had time to enjoy some of this fabulous weather. We will be back to work tomorrow, with lots of exciting things happening during the children's last half term at Penygawsi. I heard that the quiz was a great success and I was sorry that I couldn't attend but a big thank you to all of the Year 6 pupils who acted as team captains and worked with younger children across KS2.
Some of the main events to look out for:
Olympic inter-schools sports event: This will be taking place at Leckwith stadium on Thursday, June 16th. Along with the other schools taking part, the school will be paying for the hire of the stadium but we will require a contribution towards the cost of the coach. Parents and grandparents are welcome to come and support and letters will be sent home this week. This is not our school sports day, I will confirm that date this week and notify parents when the date is released.
Summer concert: As you may have gathered Year 6 will be leading a big KS2 end of year production - 'The Pirates of The Curry Bean' This is a comical play which will really suit the different personalities of our class. I have directed the play before and know that Year 6 will do a fabulous job portraying it in their own style. The children should have taken lines home over the holidays. I did not expect them to learn their lines off by heart over the holidays but if they have had a go that is great. They will need to work towards doing this over the coming weeks as we work on directing the different scenes. Please don't worry about costumes at present as I will be able to source some of the costumes from a fancy dress contact that I have used in the past but I will let the children know who needs to find what over the coming weeks. Dates / tickets will be released soon so keep an eye out for them.
Year 6 Leavers: All children still have a few more transition days / events to attend at their perspective schools and we will send reminders nearer those dates. The PTA have kindly organised a party / disco for the Year 6 pupils that will be taking place at Llantrisant golf club on Thursday 14th July (more details to follow). We will also host a traditional Year 6 leavers assembly which we invite parents to attend. This will take place during the last few days of term (date to be confirmed).
London trip: Mr Davies and I are pleased to say that we will be taking the children to London for their final school trip at Penygawsi. This will be taking place on Tuesday 12th July and full details will be sent out this week.
Important notes for this week:
PE kit will be required for Thursday.
CAT testing - Friday 10th June. Can all Y Pant children please be punctual as the testing will be taking place in the morning.