Hello all. There is one more week until we reach half term.
The children have been working really hard this term. I attended several moderation meetings with other Year 6 teachers and KS2 leaders and there were lots of positives comments from the examples of work shared from our school.
KS2 Quiz - as you may have seen on the main blog page the PTA are hosting a junior quiz to celebrate the end of the half term. It will take place this Thursday between 6pm and 7pm. Year 6 have been tasked with forming teams by rounding up team members from other year groups in the juniors and will act as captain for the teams. We are aiming to get as many teams as possible with a maximum of three Year 6 pupils per team and 2 to 3 pupils from each of the other junior year groups (Year 3 to 5) to formulate the teams. The children may have mentioned the date to you but I need them to confirm their attendance tomorrow so that we can finalise the amount of teams entering.
Homework / Class presentations - I have not set extra homework this weekend as we are half way through hearing the class presentations. This is a reward for the children who were tasked with presenting during the first week of the windows. There have been some fabulous presentations thus far and although I was off site a lot last week I was able to watch high-quality recordings of the presentations. In general, the standard has been very high and I can see who has put a lot of effort into preparing their talks. We are still slightly behind the original timetable but will catch up by the end of next week. Can I remind the children still yet to present, you are aiming to speak for around 5 minutes? Targets are to speak clearly, fluently, offering appropriate expression and adding suitable vocabulary to make your descriptions / explanations as good as they can possibly be.
I will be providing written feedback for the children next week.
Spellings - Apologies that I forgot to upload spellings last week but I have added some words to learn for this coming Friday (see the bottom of the blog).
Sports Day - We will announce the day reserved for our school sports day before half term. Don't forget to join us at Leckwith on June 16th if you are able.
Some other notices about this week:
Monday: Class presentations to continue. Cricket
Tues: Class presentations to continue. Bryn Cylennog pastoral worker (final session)
Wed: Y pant transition day. You are to transport the children to Y Pant and they will transport the children back before lunch time. Cardiff City Football Club. Introduction to the summer concert that will be led by Year 6.
Thurs: Class presentations (final day). Beatball club for girls (final session) KS2 quiz - 6pm - 7pm
Fri: Mr Wagner maths session. Mrs Wells teaching class today.
Spellings:
Here are the spellings for Friday 27th May. The focus is on adding the suffix ible and able:
terrible
visible
suitable
possible
adorable
dependable
reliable
comfortable
considerable
reasonable
Bonus words
understandable
negotiable
incomprehensible