Pryn hawn da all,
Class Presentations: Please make a decision about what you wish to present as I will sharing the timetable of presentation with the children next week. Start to think of what content and whether you wish to use technology or just props (some may wish too use both).
Next weeks testing:
I have shared the mark scheme for the literacy tests with the children too practice to check their answers via HWB (they will have an email to link them to the answers) if they are unable to access their account please let me know and here is another copy of the answers. It would be useful for them to check their answers to see how they did in readiness for Tuesday's exam. Look out for questions missed or instructions in bold that have not been followed.
I have been encouraging the children to underline key words from both the text and the questions being asked.
Please ask the children not to be too worried if they have got questions wrong. The test they will be sitting is also sat by Year 7 which is taken into account when the scores are standerdised. (They aren't expected to score as well as children who are older).
Maths: We marked last years procedural paper which we sat as a mock test but I have let the children take them home to review any questions they might wish to do extra practice on.
I would encourage estimation before calculating a 3digit by 2digit sum eg 156 x 48 (I know that 150 x 40 = 6000) so I expect my answer to be a little bit bigger than that. Don't forget that 6 things need to be multiplied out.
For those unsure you may wish to practice the relationships between fractions, decimals and percentages (we have been looking at these this week).
We have time for a little bit more revision on Tuesday afternoon as our procedural test is on Wednesday, so if their is a particular concept they wish me to goo over again ask them too let me know on Tuesday morning.
* Please don't worry too much about the tests - it is good for them to do well of course in preparation for succeeding in future tests and as I said on parents evening it will not have a bearing on their end of KS2 outcomes.
Have a good weekend all,
Mr Ball