Search This Blog

Monday, 13 July 2015

It's Poppins Time!

The day has finally arrived Year 6, you will be performing this afternoon for the first time to an eager audience of grandparents. Enjoy every second, with those big smiles on your faces.

I want to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you for all your hard work and determination over the last term in order to get this show ready. Thank you for giving up so much of your own time to learn lines, songs and dances. Thank you to those who attended Glee Club with myself and Mrs Udy, not just once but twice a week - what commitment! I am very grateful for all your help getting props fixed and made, even when some proved a little tricky (tweet tweet!) and for bringing in your own items from home for others to use. A special thank you to Miss Northway for the fabulous backdrop; it is just perfect! The stage is going to look amazing!

The most important thing I want to say is Well Done! I am so extremely proud of each and every one of you! You are going to be incredible up there this afternoon, evening and tomorrow evening. The singing sounded wonderful last week and gave me goosebumps every time I heard it; the solos will leave no dry eye in the house and the dancing is going to be out of this world! All in all, it is an outstanding performance that your mums, dads, grans and granddads are going to love. I hope you enjoy yourselves too! This is your time to shine Year 6; have fun doing it!

All that is left to say is Good Luck!
Enjoy every moment.
Mrs Rees ;0)