
It is crazy to think we are coming to the end of another term already. It has been a very busy one and you have all worked very hard. I am writing this today as we are off on our skiing trip this weekend so I wont be with you for the last week of term. I would like to thank you for your dedication and enthusiasm during this topic and I am glad you have enjoyed it so much. I am looking forward to seeing your animations, that you are doing next week, after the Easter holidays. I am sure they are going to be amazing - your portfolios are looking incredible. I am also excited for our Oscar Ceremony in the new term when we will be showing each animation.
I know I can rely on you to be well behaved next week while I am away and continue working hard right up to the end of the term. You have a range of tasks to complete next week which will need you to work as a team and share ideas. The follow needs to be completed before and during your film project:
- Film Music Appraise.
- Animation Music Planning.
- Create Soundtrack for animation using 'Audacity'.
- Film your Mission to Mars animation using 'I Can Animate'.
- Plan and carry out Elastic Band Investigation.
- Evaluate this term's topic.
Due: Monday 12th April 2015
English
Your challenge if you choose to except it is to write a short story (up to 200 words) by following the instructions below:
As space explorers, you have chosen a new planet for Boov (a type of alien) to live on to save Earth from invasion.
Imagine you are the first Boov to arrive on the new planet. Describe the experience, including:-
- What can you see?
- What can you smell?
- What can you hear?
- How do you feel?
As the Boov are great at re-using everyday items from Earth (e.g. using a Slush Puppie drink to make a car hover), in the story you need to include an idea for an invention made from everyday items that would help you travel to or settle into your new home.
I am looking for excellent use of language, as well as creative and original ideas. Remember to use your complex openers and connectives. When describing use adventurous adjectives and adverbs to explain how characters look, move and speak.
These stories will be entered into a short story competition run by The National School Partnership in association with the new DreamWorks film 'Home'.

I look forward to reading your 'Space Explorers' adventure story. I am certain I am going to be hooked from the beginning!
Good Luck My Little Earthlings!
Maths
In maths we take part in Beat That tests on a regular basis. I am setting you the challenge to beat your score over the Easter Holiday. Your challenge is to sit the test every day for the whole two weeks, recording your score daily. Remember you only have 100 seconds to answer as many of the 72 questions as possible. Do you think your score will get better each day? Can you get the best score in the class? I want you to keep a record of your scores in your Learning Log Book. There will be a prize for the one pupil who improves the most and the pupil who has the highest score.
Here is your Beat That Test Challenge, Good Luck Everyone!
Reading
I challenge you to pick up a new book from a new author over the Easter holidays. While you are reading gather a range of adventurous vocabulary that you think you could use in your own writing next term. Record your word bank in your Learning Log. There will be a prize for the person with the biggest and most adventurous word bank.

Enjoy your Easter holidays Year 6

Take Care
Mrs Rees ;o)
