Dydd Gwyl Dewi
We had a wonderful day on Friday celebrating your last Eisteddfod with us at Penygawsi Primary School (cue sobs boo hoo!)
I was blown away by the talent! Da Iawn Pawb! You were all amazing each and everyone on of you. If you didn't sing or recite, you cheered and congratulated! You all worked well in your teams and showed one another great support and encouragement - I was a very proud teacher. Diolch yn fawr!
Take a look at the days fun below:
A BIG Thank you top Louise Clough and Mrs Wride for being our wonderful judges for the day. What a tough job - I am glad I didn't have to choose from the multitude of talent we saw! You did a brilliant job. DIOLCH YN FAWR!
A BIG congratulation goes to our Bard Maisie Lewis for her fantastic poem explaining what Wales means to her. An incredible piece of poetry Maisie with all the features we have looked at during Language and Literacy. It was a very difficult decision to make and I thank Mrs Hawkes for helping me. We had no idea who PinkFluffyUnicorn was and it was a great surprise when Maisie stood up on hearing her pen name read out. If you haven't done so already, please congratulate Maisie on winning this prestigious award. Diolch.
A close second was our runner up, Emily Cook, whose poem also blew us away. Well Done Emily! What a super poem! Once again we had no idea who NutellaLover was until Emily stood up with a huge smile on her face. Please congratulate Emily if you haven't done so already too, thank you.
Well Done Dyfodwg for winning the Cor competition and singing Sosban Fach like Rhondda Valley Choir; your actions were pretty good too! :0)
The winning team on the day was DEWI! Da Iawn Dewi! It was an extremely tight competition from start to finish and in my eyes, you are all winners!

















