Search This Blog

Friday, 14 November 2014


Well what an amazing day!  We have had a lot of fun and games throughout the day raising money for Children in Need.  We started the day with THE best assembly EVER from School Council.  I was very proud of every single one of them this morning as they were all brilliant!  Thank you for you hard work this week in putting it together, even when I was unable to be there to help.











We continued the fun after lunch when the wonderful and wacky creations from our Great Class Bake Off were revealed.  We waited in anticipation for the announcement from our own Mary and Paul.  They worked their way through all 9 creations, looking at their presentation, texture, creativity and taste.  The judges had a very difficult decision as, I am sure you will agree, they all looked amazing.  Thank you everyone for such a fabulous whole school competition.  We all had so much fun taking part.  The best bit being able to buy the cakes and eat them during the afternoon.  A BIG congratulations must go to our winning cake design from Mrs Harries/Boat's class Year 4.  Da Iawn Pawb!

















We finished the afternoon off with nail art, face painting, bric-a-brac stall, Match Attack sales, cake stalls, tuck shop and a class room talent show.  We will see the winners in assembly on Monday morning; I hear the competition was high!


















I would like to take this opportunity to say "Diolch Yn Fawr" to all staff, pupils and parents for their help and support in making today a HUGE success!  I can now announce we made a wonderful total of £515!!!  This is incredible and will really make a difference to lives of children throughout the UK.  I am a very proud member of Penygawsi Primary today!

Many Thanks
Mrs Rees ;o)