Shwmae,
I hope everyone managed to do something fun as a family over the bank holiday and you enjoyed an extra day off today!
Thank you again for all your hard work so far and the work that has been submitted to your J2E folders and the work you have completed in your Learning Logs / on paper for the maths
Creative tasks - I will be adding some more maths and language tasks for you to complete but I would like you to have some creative options this week - these ideas came from people in class.
Thank you again to all those who add their ideas to the topic ideas. The ideas I have chosen for this week will be a cooking task and an art / design task.
I would like you to have a go at making some Welsh cakes. If you've never made them before the recipe in this video will work well enough - but if you have your own family recipe - please stick to that but perhaps let us know what you do differently so maybe people could try another recipe to see what they prefer!
For this recipe you will need - flour, margarine, lard, caster sugar, eggs, sultanas and currents. Here is a clip of how this recipe is used:
Welsh cake recipe video
Design a new Welsh rugby kit jersey. Lots of you mentioned completing this task. As I am missing my sport a lot I would love to see lots of you complete this task - you can design your jersey using any medium you like A4 or A3. Perhaps we could forward them to the WRU to see if someone could judge them for us!
Language: I have added the answers to the week 3 file for the Caves and caving reading material for you to mark.
This week the compulsory activity will be to read a new piece of reading material - it is a historical theme based on 'The Great Plague' which I hope you'll find interesting if you don't know much about it! Then there are questions to answer based on the booklet - again you will be told what to answer.
I have added an optional writing task about a ride in a hot air balloon. You may complete this as an extension task if you would like t imagine a ride in a balloon - see the instructions for what to include.
Maths:
It's good to see some more people having a go at challenging themselves on J2Blast - remember we have set a new J2Stars award for J2Blast and J2spell. How many points can you achieve this month?
I have added the answers to the AREA AND VOLUME work in the week 3 folder so finish those off if you didn't get them done - see instructions. I know some of the questions were challenging so if you would like to review any even after marking with the notes / discussing with an adult please post on the group to go through them.
This week I will be adding in some work to do on data handling - I will add to the folder tomorrow.
Welsh - is to finish your presentation if you haven't done so - see the guide notes in week 3 and then begin to plan your profile using the teaching resource I shared.
Science:
This lady is attempting to do 20 science experiments in 5 minutes. I don't want you to do that but I would like you to challenge yourself to have a go at as many as you can during the week - most things you will hopefully have at home!
There are a few experiments involving heat and candles so make sure you carry them out safely with adult supervision.
Let me know how many you can do and which were the most fun.
20 science experiments in 5 minutes
Quiz: This weeks quiz will be led by Emily, Ffion W, Isabelle and Saffy and will take place on Friday, thanks girls.
Next weeks quiz will be led by Afan, Elliot and Harri - diolch boys. If you and your group are interested in completing the next quiz after the boys have a chat together and let me know.
Diolch,
Mr Ball