Shwmae pawb,
Incredibly we are in the final week of term already!
Thanks for all your hard work over the past few weeks helping to lead the KS2 carol concert and for all those making the effort to come to both evenings. I hope parents and grandparents enjoyed the performances and helped them to get into the festive spirit.
Pilgrimage Workshop: I hope the children had fun on Friday morning as I arranged a surprise drama workshop about the recently revived Pilgrimage route from Llandaff Cathedral to Penrhys. There is a project that we have become involved with which allows all school along the route to celebrate and we will be joining a host of other schools from Cardiff and RCT in Llandaff Cathedral in March 2020 to celebrate the route. I am hoping that we will be able to walk part of the pilgrimage to Penrhys before our trip to Llandaff cathedral next year.
Here is a link to the website about the route: http://www.penrhyspilgrimageway.wales/
Manor Adventure photographs: I have manage to upload all of the photographs from the trip to Manor Adventure - they are in our class group - linked to your HWB email (not teams) so everyone should be able to access them easily - I have sent the whole class an email to remind you.
There are pictures from Mrs Harries, Miss Key and my group, altogether over 200 photos and a few videos. So if you didn't get to see yourself on any of the Twitter feeds you will find yourself and friends on here. You can download and save the pictures for your personal use and if you want to print any off please do.
We will have a busy week finishing off things linked to our topic, including a final writing assessment of our genre on writing a diary entry and an oracy presentation about what we have discovered about different aspects of Wales.
There is a non uniform day on Wednesday (a text has gone out about this) as there is the after school club party.
Swimming has now finished. so no kit is required this week. Friday will be our final celebration assembly of the term, including attendance awards for pupils. No PE kit required but I will ensure we have some time to play some games during an afternoon.
Thank you all for your continued support to the school, the children have settled in really well to life as Year 6 pupils and have been supporting the school in lots of ways with their new roles and responsibilities as well as working hard in class.
If I don't see you in the week I hope you and your families have an enjoyable Christmas and have a mixture of fun and rest at some stage! Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.
Mr Ball




