Search This Blog

Sunday, 22 September 2019

Wythnos 4: 23/09/2019

Shwmae all,

Homework: Thank you for those who were able to submit there One Page profiles to me via email. I understand some people have had a few issues logging onto HWB or access the new Teams App on Office 365.

I will troubleshoot these problems in school with the children. I did try accessing Teams (via HWB) on my i-pad and when I clicked the app it asked me to install the Teams app on to the device, which I did via the App store and then I was able to access the documents in Teams. If anyone else has had trouble accessing on an i-pad or tablet please let me know. Some children did request to print the questions before Friday which was fine.

Trip to Cardiff: I am still waiting on a few consent forms to be returned for next Friday's trip to Cardiff. Thank you to those parents and grandparents who have volunteered to accompany us on the trip. I will check final numbers tomorrow and let you know if we need your help.

Weather: At the moment there looks like a chance of showers so we will need to keep an eye out and remember to bring a wet weather coat just in case we get caught in some rain whilst walking.

Macmillan Coffee morning: A reminder that the PTA will be hosting a coffee morning in support of Macmillan. If you are able to attend on Friday morning please pop in for a cuppa and a piece of cake. If you are ale to donate cakes for the morning please send them in on Thursday or Friday.

We will need to depart school after registration to ensure we arrive at Pontyclun station in time but the children may bring in a donation to buy a cake to take with them and eat on the train on our way to Cardiff.

Literacy: We will be continuing to work on our first writing activity by planning the content of our leaflets.

Maths: We will be continuing to focus on number in our main lessons by express a quotient as a fraction, or as a decimal rounded to one decimal place and consolidate rounding up or down after division, depending on the context. In Big Maths we will be focusing on SAFE this week.

Mon: spelling check up. Return Learning Logs. Ski meeting to take place at 6pm in school

Wed: New homework task. 

Thurs: SAFE maths test

Fri: Class trip to Cardiff

Diolch,

Mr Ball