Search This Blog

Wednesday, 19 September 2018

Homework: 24/09/2018

For our maths homework this week I would like the children to log on to their HWB accounts to try a maths game J2Blast.

I showed the children the game in school, which will allow them to practice their 2, 5 and 10 times table. If they try playing the 'go live' element of the game then they will have to answer questions from a range of times tables from 1 - 12 which will be very challenging but they are welcome to try if they would like to test themselves.

But all I require them to do is try the 'Go practice on their 2s, 5s and 10s. They may practice other tables (3s or 4s) if they are confident they have learned all those three tables in a random order and can answer instantly. I know they have been counting in these multiples but it is important they know them as an actual table in Year 3.

I realise some of the children are having difficulty logging on at home or have forgotten their new passwords (they should have taken it home on a slip of paper). I will aim to rectify this by the end of the week but please try getting them to log on before Friday so I can reset their password before the weekend if I need to.

Last week, I did ask the children to try drawing their name in another J2E app (JiT) and then sharing it with me. This will allow me to build a file for them for when we do additional work during the year. I have shown them this in class and some children have already shared with me.

To save the work you press the red floppy disk icon. Then go back to the main J2E dashboard and click 'my files' their name should be in there. They then click the little green i on the document and it gives you the option to share. If they share with - ballj23 and press add then I will be able to see their document in my files.

Diolch,

Mr Ball