Shwmae,
Hi all, I have just noticed that my blog from last week hadn't uploaded. Sorry about that but there wasn't much to add as there had been separate correspondence regarding the summer fayre and the summer shows. I also didn't set additional homework as the children have been learning songs towards the show.
It is finally shown time. Both our Year 4 and Year 5 pupils have been working really hard to learn their routines for The Wizard of Oz and Grease. I hope you have all managed to secure some tickets for either Tues 1.30pm or 6.30pm or the final performance on Wed at 6.30pm.
There may still be tickets available but you would need to check with the office.
It is really important that the children are able to attend both of the evening performances (not just the one that you are attending). As it can have a big impact on the quality of the performance when children are not present, particularly the level of volume for singing.
If for any reason you cannot attend a performance can you let us know as soon as possible?
D&T project: We will hopefully be making a start on our D&T project this week designing a shelter for our island!
Swimming gala trials (Year 5 only): I will be holding swimming gala trials on Friday 6th July for all Year 5 pupils who would like to represent the school in a swimming gala against local primary schools. Please take a letter if you would like to try out for the gala.
School trip (11/07/2018): We are planning an end of year trip for all pupils in Year 4 and Year 5 to go on a coastal walk. I will be sending a letter home this week with details but, I would be very grateful for at least three parent helpers if anybody is free to join us on Wednesday 11th July.
Diolch and I hope you enjoy the KS2 summer performances!
Mr Ball