Good evening all,
* Note for parents and guardians - if you usually just read the blog yourselves please allow time to either read it with your child or, alternatively they can read it themselves.
I am pleased to announce that I am now a daddy. Mrs Ball gave birth on Saturday afternoon to a little boy - Seve Idris Ball, he is a big, bouncy baby weighing in at 9lb and 13oz - bit of extra homework - how much does he weigh in kilograms?
Due to the new arrival, I will be having some paternity leave next week to get to know him and support Mrs Ball with being a new mum :) I will bring in some photos to show you when I return.
Mrs Smith will be looking after you this week. Just a few points for you about the week:
Literacy: Your main focus will be doing different activities about a famous Roman legend about Romulus and Remus and you'll be doing a piece of comparative writing about your recent visits to the local churches.
Maths: I am pleased to see a few more people have been able to log on to J2Blast to have a practice of their tables skills. If you are able to have a go little and often, maybe 10mins here or there it will really help with your instant recall of your 'Learn Its'
This week you'll be doing some work on odd and even numbers looking at bonds of numbers and constructing number sequences and explaining patterns. You'll also have a go at problem-solving using acting out and concrete materials and do your Big Maths CLIC, remember to tell Mrs Smith if you've had 3 10/10s you can have a go at the next stage as I know some of you are close!
Trip to Llantrisant church: You'll be visiting Llantrisant church on Thursday afternoon to meet Rev Viv Parkinson and find out about the church and its links with the local and wider communities.
PE - its double PE this week - Tuesday and Friday
Homework: I didn't see everyone's homework last week as there were only certain children who handed their books into the box. I will give children the benefit of the doubt as I am sure lots of children brought their work but left their book in their bag. Please remember to bring in your homework and put it straight in the box on the day you do so that you don't forget as sometimes we will go over the work together, other times I may just take the books to look at - if you aren't able to bring in your homework for any reason, please let me know. The comprehension task on Boudicca needs to be returned on Tuesday but feel free to bring in your learning log earlier if you have finished the task.
This weeks homework will be maths activities that Mrs Smith will hand out on Wednesday.
Continue to work hard:I have asked Mrs Smith to give me a full report on how you are doing so even though I am not working directly with you please continue with the same attitude and effort that you have started the year as I have been very impressed with you so far and I would really be pleased if I have a positive report from Mrs Smith about how awesome you have been!
Have a good week and I look forward to seeing you all soon,
Mr Ball