Prynhawn da,
This week the children will be receiving a letter about an upcoming trip to Caerleon as a link to our topic of The Romans. This trip will take place on Friday 20th October.
Over the coming weeks, we are planning to carry out some off-site visits to local places of worship to link in with our RE and form an understanding of how places of worship work with local communities. I have confirmed a visit to Llantrisant church with Reverend Viv Parkinson. We will be visiting on Thursday 5th October leaving school at 1.40pm and returning at the end of the day. I am also waiting for confirmation of a visit to the Ebenezer church in Talbot Green with Pastor Phil Lewis - that visit might be one day this coming week as Phil is returning from a holiday and I told him we would be flexible.
As both churches are in close vicinity to the school I would like us to walk and I will probably need a few walking volunteers for safety. If you are available on Thursday 5th October or during an afternoon of next week (sorry I can't be more specific as yet) please let me know.
Rugby Tickets: Wales vs Georgia (18/11/2017): As I mentioned to the children, I will be offering any remaining tickets to pupils in Year 4. I am hopeful that I will be able to do this and will confirm tomorrow after checking with Mrs Cox on the availability. If there is availability please ask your child to collect a letter and they will be on a first come first served basis.
Literacy: We will be completing and then editing our newspaper articles about Boudicca and will begin to learn about the legend of Romulus and Remus and completing literacy based tasks linked to the story (including a comprehension task)
Mathematics: We will be revising our knowledge of multiplication tables and also rehearse the concept of remainders when dividing and, for those who are able - to begin to establish the link between the remainder as a fraction and a decimal value. Problem-solving: We began to look at problem-solving by acting out last week - we will continue this concept and by using concrete materials.
Dydd Llun - Spell check, list two (unless you had more than four corrections, repeat list one) if you had 1 - 3 corrections you will be checked on those words in addition to the new list.
Dydd Mawrth - PE kit needed for today.
Please bring in your new Learning Log (blue homework exercise books) and return your maths work on place value. Please trim a bit from the side and bottom and sellotape into your book on one side so you can turn to see the reverse. You may return your book on Monday if you wish.
Dydd Mercher: Year 5 pupils need to bring in their swimming kit for the first of their autumn block of swimming sessions. New homework task to be set (literacy based task)
Dydd Gwener: Big Writing task - We will be re-drafting our newspaper reports about Boudicca.
Big Maths CLIC
Diolch,
Mr Ball