Bore da all,
After a refreshing break, it is now time to return for a brand new school year. I’m really looking forward to meeting and working with the children again. More importantly for you, it will be the final year as Penygawsi pupils. It was really impressive for me to see how the children had developed and matured during their time in Year 5 and I know they have the potential to be a fantastic Year 6 class.
Year 6 is a really enjoyable year for the children but as well as many fun activities there is a lot of hard work to carry out in order to be prepared for the important transition into secondary school. We have a good head start as I have worked with the children previously and I am sure we will all make great progress during the year.
As you have experienced in previous years I will be adding updates on a weekly basis (predominantly on a Saturday or Sunday) with regard to class notifications and homework along with any other information that is of importance. Along with this, I will be sending Schoop updates if you do need to be reminded of anything. If you have not yet joined Schoop please ask me how to join. Also, please make sure that you have selected to receive notifications from Class 9, as if you are still connected to Class 8 you will only receive notifications from Mrs Rees.
To change the class on the app go to My Schoop – Penygawsi Primary School – Settings – Change groups (here you can select the appropriate groups for you) there is also a skiing group which will be used during the year for those who are attending the trip.
We are still putting together some new timetables with regard to PE etc and I will confirm any specific days and dates as soon as possible. It is also our swimming term again and I will provide notice of this start date as soon as possible.
Just to give you a heads up we will be going on a trip to Cardiff museum on Thursday 15th September to do a workshop on the famous illustrator Quentin Blake, as next week we will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of Roald Dahl. I will be sending a consent letter home this week.
I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
Mr Ball
