Search This Blog

Sunday, 1 November 2015

Wythnos 1: 2/11/2015

Hello all,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable half term. We have another busy term ahead as we work towards Christmas, but I hope that it will be good fun alongside hard work!

Homework
Thank you all for your feedback with regards to the online IXL activities we have been trialling and the children for putting in a lot of hard work practising their maths. Even though there were a few drawbacks we encountered there were also benefits of the activities. Our trial subscription has now expired and I will let you know, as soon as possible, whether we will be continuing to use it as a tool to support our homework.

I will let the children know their new homework task tomorrow and here are the spelling words for Friday:

arrangement
amazement
achievement
replacement
normally
leisurely
definitely
neighbourly
carelessly
thoughtfully             

Bonus words (3 to have a go at if you want to!!!):
prominently
controversially
extraordinarily 

What's going on this week?
Literacy and Language: We are going to finish our work on journalistic writing and we will be introduced to a brand new text as the focus for our new fictional focus. The main grammar focus of the new unit will be looking at both formal and informal vocabulary.

Maths: Our main focus in maths will be looking at division: After consolidating our understanding of division using smile multiplication and inverse operations we will focus on using the traditional "bus stop" division method to works towards an understanding of tackling long division.

Our trip to Rhondda Heritage Park; Mrs Harries and I have secured a booking at Rhondda Heritage Park on Thursday. Letters with more details will be sent out tomorrow. I need two adults helpers, please let me know if you can assist on the trip. Many thanks.
Image result for rhondda heritage park
Image result for rhondda heritage park

Dydd Llun: 
Welcome back and discuss new homework task.

Dydd Mercher:
Swimming kit required

Dydd Iau:
Trip to Rhondda Heritage with Year 5

Dydd Gwener:
Spelling check
Big Maths CLIC challenge

House Captains
I would like to elect new House Captains and Vice Captains for the year. If you would like to represent your house as a captain this year please start to think of a short speech to say to your house about why you would be good for the role. I will confirm the date of the elections this week.

Diolch, 
Mr Ball