Search This Blog

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

More snow...

School is closed today so here are some activities to keep you going:

Have you finished you learning log activity?

Have you learnt your spellings?

Have you read your book and discussed it with an adult?

Do you know your x tables 'inside out'? This is sooooooo important for assessment this term!!!!

Have you completed some snow homework?

If the answer is 'yes' to all of these then please complete the following:

Can you write a book review of you favourite book? Decorate it ready for display in our reading area.

Here are some ideas:

http://resources.mysparklebox.co.uk/6000-7000/sb6501.pdf

http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/64916500/sb6500.html#.UP5epB001ac

Remember how we wrote about the characters of 'Goodnight Mr Tom' in detail?

I think that .......(the character) is...... I know this because the author writes; "........."



Here is an example of level 5 writing about reading. This shows sentences similar to the ones we were writing. If your book review is detailed enough and it has quotes from the text, I could use it as evidence when I'm levelling your work. You can do it!!!!