In an effort to raise standards in reading and promote reading for enjoyment and self-improvement, I am introducing a personal reading record for every pupil in Eryri. each child is required to read at home, in view of an adult for a minimum of 15 minutes per day. I don't mind what they read, as long as they are consistent throughout the week. For example, newspapers are fine, as long as they stick to a newspaper for the whole week. When pupils have read, parents/guardians are asked to sign their reading record.
We've talked about foregery in class and the children understand that their reading records will be shown to you and discussed at Parents' Evening!
Unfortunately, the photocopier is broken at the moment so I have been unable to send them home. . . but the children know they need to read in front of you for a minimum of fifteen minutes tonight!
Thank you for your support
Mrs Davies